Monday, August 8, 2011

Please help, at my wits end with this sickness. It has been 5 weeks?

Started with a sore throat then turned to a dry cough, after 7 days went to CVS minute clinic who told me it was viral, nothing he could give me. I progressivly got worse over the next week, fever, cough turned wet, got into my regular dr. and was diagnosed with bronchitis, pharyngitis and a double ear infection. wow. prescribed 10 days of 400 mg Avelox with inhaler, delsym & mucinex. Went back to dr. after 8 days on avelox, still terrible cough now with shortness of breath and couldnt take deep breaths w/o coughing (felt like a rattle at the top of my stomach) gave me a breathing treatment which helped and another 7 days of avelox....I am now finished with 17 days of avelox, started to feel better this past monday but by wed my cough has gotten worse again and wet and my ears...its like im in a tunnel??? He never did any x-rays. I am thinkin of going to another dr. any advice on what to do? if it is walking pneumonia, what else can they do? so sick of being sick :( thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment