Sunday, August 7, 2011

Advice on maternity leave, and staying left?

I will be going on maternity leave soon, and I truly do not like the company I work for. Not only that but once i do return from maternity leave the problem is that on Mondays and Wednesday nights I will not be able to pick my baby up from day care until after 8:30pm. I do not drive and my husband teaches guitar those two evenings. The company is not at all flexible regarding these type of issues. I honestly do not want to return there and I intend on looking for other work towards the end of my leave. Of course if I do not find something I will have to return there. But here is my real issue. In the company handbook it states that any employee not returning from any type of leave will be responsible for the company's monetary input of benefits, unless for an extension of leave, serious illness, or cirstances beyond the employees control. So would lack of daycare be a cirstance beyond my control, or should I just plan to go back for a week or so and then quit. I cant afford to pay my company for their share of my benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment